Salmon with Soy, Cavolo Nero & Sushi Rice
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
½ small red onion, sliced
25g sushi ginger, shredded, plus 1 tbsp pickling juice
125g sushi rice
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 salmon fillets
125g thick cut cavolo nero
2 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
1. Mix the onion with the ginger juice and set aside.
2. Place the rice, 250ml water and a pinch salt in a small saucepan, cover and cook on a low heat for 15-20 minutes until just tender, leave the lid on and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry the salmon for 10 minutes, turning halfway until cooked through.
4. Cook the cavolo nero in boiling water for 3-4 minutes, drain well. Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan and fry half the onion for 2 minutes, add the ginger, cavolo nero, rice and soy and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
5. Serve the salmon on top of the rice mixture and scatter with the remaining onion.