Cavolo Nero Salad with Sweet Potato, Pear, Walnut and Blue Cheese by Nutritionist Pixie Turner
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
200g sweet potato, chopped into 1cm cubes
1 tbsp olive oil
100g cavolo nero, sliced
1-2 ripe pears
40g walnut pieces
50g blue cheese (e.g. Stilton)
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp clear honey
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
1. Preheat the oven to 180ᵒC/gas mark 4.
2. Place the sweet potato cubes on a baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake for around 15 minutes, until soft.
3. Meanwhile whisk together all the dressing ingredients and set aside.
4. Bring a small pan of water to the boil. Blanch the cavolo nero for 5 minutes or until tender
5. Quarter, core and thinly slice the pears.
6. Mix the cavolo nero, watercress and pear slices in a bowl and stir in most of the dressing.
7. Dry toast the walnut pieces for 2 minutes.
8. Add the walnuts and sweet potato to the bowl. Crumble the blue cheese on top and drizzle over the remaining dressing. Serve!