Creamy Cavolo Nero and Leek Soup, with Cavolo Nero Crisps
PREP: 10 Minutes
COOK: 15 Minutes
Skill Level: Easy
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
165 kcal Energy
7.5g (of which Sugar)
1.4g (of which Saturated Fat)
- 200g pack sliced cavolo nero
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 500g leeks, sliced
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 300ml semi skimmed milk
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Toss 75g cavolo nero with half the oil and paprika, season and spread out onto a large baking tray, roast for 10 minutes until crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large saucepan and fry the remaining cavolo nero, leeks and potato for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, cover and simmer for 10 minutes then add the milk. Using a stick blender, process to give a coarse texture.
- Divide between 4 bowls and top with the cavolo nero crisps.