Spinach and Lentil Dahl
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
1 tbsp oil, plus 2 tsp
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 tsp medium curry powder
250g red split lentils, rinsed under cold water
400ml can coconut milk
260g bag spinach
1. Preheat the oven to 150oC, gas mark 2.
2. Toss the kale with 2 tsp oil, season and spread out onto a large baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion and garlic for 5-6 minutes until golden, reserve ¼ for garnish.
4. Add the curry powder to the pan followed by the lentils, coconut milk and 350ml water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes until lentils are tender. Stir in the spinach until just wilted. Season to taste.
5. Serve topped with the kale crisps and reserved onions.