Creamy Fish & Sweetcorn Pie with Spinach Mash
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
1kg waxy potatoes, scrubbed
3 tbsp butter
2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
60g plain flour
600ml semi-skimmed milk + 3 tbsp for mashing
50g mature cheddar, grated
2 salmon filets, skin removed and chopped up into bitesized cubes
2 cod filets, skin removed and chopped up into bitesized cubes
165g can sweetcorn, drained
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp olive oil
260g bag spinach, chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 180c/gas 4.
2. Cook the potatoes in a large pan of water for 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain and allow to dry.
3. In the meantime, gently fry the leeks in the butter for 6-7 minutes until soft.
4. Now stir in the flour and mix with the leeks and cook for 1 minute.
5. Pour in the milk, whisking continuously until smooth and starts to thicken.
6. Add in the grated cheese and stir to combine for 2-3 minutes until melted in.
7. Season to taste.
8. Add the chopped salmon, cod, sweetcorn and mustard and stir well. Transfer to a high sided ovenproof dish (28 x 20 cm dish).
8. Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl, mash with 3 tbsp milk, then add the spinach, season to taste and mix well until combined.
9. Spoon the mash on top of the fish filling. Fork the top to smooth.
10. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.