Creamy Spinach & Potato Bake
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
1.5kg floury potatoes, peeled and finely sliced
1 1/2 tbsp butter
3 garlic cloves, sliced
3 tbsp plain flour
300ml vegetable stock
1 tbsp white miso
2 tbsp fresh thyme
200ml reduced fat crème fraîche
Pinch of nutmeg
260g bag of spinach
70g reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
1. Pre heat your oven to 180c/ gas mark 4
2. Layer the potatoes in a medium high sided baking/casserole dish (28 x 22cm dish).
3. In a large frying pan, fry the garlic in the butter for 1- 2 minutes, then stir in the flour.
4. Slowly add the milk and stock, stirring continuously until you it forms a smooth and thick sauce.
5. Now add the miso, thyme, crème fraiche, nutmeg, spinach and grated cheese. Stir to combine and simmer for a further minute or so until the cheese is melted and the spinach wilted.
6. Season to taste
7. Pour the mixture over the top of the potatoes, making sure all the layers of potatoes are submerged in the liquid.
8. Bake, uncovered, for 1 hr or until tender when pierced through the middle with a knife, and the top is golden and bubbling.