Chicken and Cavolo Nero Tagine by Nutritionist Pixie Turner
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
2 tbsp olive oil
200g chicken breast, cut into large cubes – skin removed
1 onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Spices: 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 2 tsp ground cumin, 2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp paprika
½ tsp chilli flakes
200g carrots, cubed
250g butternut squash, cubed
1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
1 vegetable or chicken stock cube
1 can chickpeas
50g dried apricots, chopped
100g cavolo nero, sliced
1. Heat the oil in a tagine dish or heavy-based flameproof casserole dish. Fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the dish and set aside.
2. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic to the dish along with the spices. Stir for 1 minute.
4. Add the chicken, carrots and butternut squash. Stir for 1 minute.
5. Add the chopped tomatoes along with a can full of water, and the stock cube.
6. Leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the squash and carrots are quite soft.
7. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Add these, the dried apricots, and cavolo nero to the dish and simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
8. Season to taste. Serve with couscous cooked as per packet instructions and garnish with fresh coriander.