Lemon & Kale Chicken Tagine
PREP: 20 Minutes
COOK: 20 Minutes
Skill Level: Easy
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
369 kcal Energy
3g (of which Sugar)
0.7g (of which Saturated Fat)
- 2 preserved lemons, roughly chopped
- 28g pack coriander
- 2 cloves garlic
- 150g leeks, sliced
- 250g pack kale
- 200ml chicken stock
- 500g chicken breast fillets, cut into large chunks
- 200g couscous
- Fat free natural yogurt and pomegranate seeds to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Place the lemons, coriander including the stalks, garlic, leek and 50g kale into a food processor with the stock and blitz to give a coarse paste.
- Heat the paste in a frying pan with the chicken for 5 minutes and transfer to a casserole dish, cover with a lid and cook for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, blanch the remaining kale in boiling water for 3 minutes and then stir into the chicken tagine.
- Place the couscous in a small bowl and pour over 200ml boiling water, cover with clingfilm and leave for 5 minutes, fluff up with a fork and serve with the tagine and a spoonful of fat free natural yogurt.