Welsh Leek & Eggs Benedict
PREP: 10 Minutes
COOK: 10 Minutes
Skill Level: Easy
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
439 kcal Energy
35. g Carbohydrate
8.1g (of which Sugar)
5.8g (of which Saturated Fat)
- 20g butter
- 2 x 400g packs leeks (approx. 6), sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 4 English muffins, halved
- 4 thick slices ham
- 3 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp creamed horseradish sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan and fry the leeks for 7-8 minutes until softened, season.
- Meanwhile, poach the eggs for 3-4 minutes or according to taste.
- Toast the muffins and divide the ham between the 8 halves, spoon over the leeks.
- Place 2 muffins on each plate and top with the eggs.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, horseradish sauce and 1 tbsp water and spoon over the eggs, sprinkle with chives and black pepper.