Leek & Spelt Risotto
PREP: 10 Minutes
COOK: 25 Minutes
Skill Level: Easy
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
553 kcal Energy
4g (of which Sugar)
5.5g (of which Saturated Fat)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 500g leeks, trimmed, washed and sliced
- 300g pearled spelt
- 150ml white wine
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 75g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 100g garlic & herb soft cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
For a Vegan Option: Swap garlic and herb soft cheese with vegan cheese
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the leeks for 3 minutes until softened.
- Add the spelt and coat in the oil, stir in the wine and cook until reduced by half. Gradually add in the stock, a little at a time and cook gently, covered for 20 minutes until just tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the nuts and soft cheese and heat through. Sprinkle in the chives and season to taste.