Leek & Spinach Pasta with Bacon
PREP: 10 Minutes
COOK: 15 Minutes
Skill Level: Easy
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
619 kcal Energy
9g (of which Sugar)
10g (of which Saturated Fat)
- 300g wholewheat pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g smoked back bacon, diced
- 3 leeks, trimmed, washed and sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 50g walnut pieces, roughly chopped
- 200ml tub half fat crème fraiche
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 100g spinach
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 11-13 minutes until tender, drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the bacon for 2 minutes, add the leeks and pepper and fry for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the walnuts, crème fraiche, lemon zest and juice, spinach and 100ml water and heat until the spinach has just wilted.
- Stir in the pasta and heat through for 1-2 minutes.