Slow Roasted Pulled Pork with Spring Green Salad
PREP: 15 Minutes
COOK: 3.5 Hours
Skill Level: Easy
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
462 kcal Energy
7.1g (of which Sugar)
5g (of which Saturated Fat)
- 1kg boneless pork leg joint
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp oil
- 400ml hot chicken stock
- 200g bag sliced cavolo nero
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7.
- Unroll the pork and sprinkle the flesh with the paprika and seasoning. Place in a small roasting tin and drizzle with oil. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the oven to 160°C, gas mark 3 and add the hot stock to the pan, cover the pork tightly with foil and roast for a further 3 hours, basting occasionally. Allow the pork to rest for 5-10 minutes then remove the skin and shred the meat with 2 forks, mixing it into any pan juices.
- Meanwhile, steam the Cavolo Nero and leeks for 5 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, mustard and seasoning as stir into the greens.
- Serve the pulled pork with the warm spring green salad.