Sesame Cod Rice Bowls
PREP: 15 minutes
COOK: 15 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
564 kcal Energy
7g (of which Sugar)
4g (of which Saturated Fat)
- 2 x 150g sustainable cod loins, halved
- 3 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 150g shredded Cavolo Nero
- 250g pouch microwaveable basmati rice
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 25g ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 medium eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Place the cod in a small roasting tin and sprinkle over 2 tsp sesame seeds, roast for 15 minutes until just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the cavolo nero in boiling water for 3 minutes and drain. Cook the rice according to pack instructions.
- While these are cooking, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the pepper for 2-3 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and set aside, add the soy and ginger to the pan with 2 tbsp water and heat through for a few seconds.
- Pile the rice in the centre of 2 shallow bowls and place the peppers and cavolo nero around the side, drizzle with soy dressing then top with the cod.
- Fry the egg in the frying pan according to your liking and add to the bowl.
- Serve sprinkled with the remaining sesame seeds.