Roast Leek, Chicory & Bean Salad
PREP: 10 Minutes
COOK: 15 Minutes
Skill Level: Easy
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
635 kcal Energy
8.5g (of which Sugar)
13g (of which Saturated Fat)
- 300g leeks, trimmed, washed and thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 heads red chicory, cut into 1cm slices
- 50g walnuts, roughly chopped
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- 100g soft goats cheese, halved
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Place the leeks in a small roasting tin, toss in 1 tbsp oil and roast for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, mix together the beans, chicory and walnuts in a bowl. Whisk the remaining oil with the lemon juice and honey and season well. Toss into the salad with the leeks.
- Place the halved goats cheese on a small baking tray, cut side up and place under a preheated grill for 1-2 minutes until golden.
- Top the salad with the cheese and serve with crusty bread.