Roast Lamb with Braised Cavolo Nero
PREP: 15 Minutes
COOK: 10 Minutes
Skill Level: Easy
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
90 kcal Energy
2.5g (of which Sugar)
1.3g (of which Saturated Fat)
- 2 raw beetroot, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 rack of lamb, approx
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 200g pack shredded cavolo nero
- 150ml white wine
- Preheat the oven to 200oc, gas mark 6.
- Place the beetroot in a small baking tray and coat in 1/2 the oil and season. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and brown the lamb on both sides. Add to the tray with the beetroot and cook for 10 minutes for rare.
- In the same frying pan, fry the onion and fennel seeds for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the black kale and wine, cover and braise for 4-5 minutes.
- Divide the black kale between 2 plates, top with the beetroot and then sliced lamb.
- Cooks tip: Stock can be used instead of wine.