Penne with Kale, Roast Onions and Gorgonzola
PREP: 5 Minutes
COOK: 35 Minutes
Skill Level: Easy
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
573 kcal Energy
10g (of which Sugar)
8g (of which Saturated Fat)
- 200g kale
- 3 large onions, peeled
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 300g pasta
- 100g gorgonzola, crumbled
- Extra virgin olive oil to serve (optional)
- Place the kale into a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes, then drain really well and set aside.
- Halve the onions lengthways then cut each half into crescent moon shaped slices, about 1cm thick at the thickest part.
- Toss these in a roasting tin with 4 tbsp of the olive oil, the balsamic, and season to taste.
- Roast in a preheated at 200°C, gas mark 6 for 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The onions should be tender and slightly charred.
- While the onions are roasting cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water for about 15 minutes (it should be al dente).
- Drain and return the pasta to the saucepan.
- Add the drained kale along with 2 tbsp of olive oil and adjust the seasoning if required.
- Cook over a medium heat until the kale has warmed through.
- Gently stir in the onions and cheese then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil if required and serve immediately.
- Alternative suggestion: If you're not keen on blue cheeses you could use a strong goats' cheese instead.
- Toasted walnuts are also good tossed into the mix.