Cavolo Nero Risotto with Beans & Mushrooms
PREP: 15 Minutes
COOK: 20-25 Minutes
Skill Level: Easy
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
425 kcal Energy
2.4g (of which Sugar)
0.7g (of which Saturated Fat)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 300g risotto rice
- 100ml white wine
- 700ml hot vegetable stock
- 300g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g bag sliced cavolo nero
- 1/2 x 25g pack parsley, chopped
- To serve; freshly grated Parmegiano Reggiano.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan and fry the shallots and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the rice and cook for 30 seconds before adding the wine. Cook until it has been absorbed.
- Add 1/3 of the stock, cover with a lid and cook gently until nearly all absorbed. Add a further 1/3 of the stock, mushrooms and beans and repeat. Add the remaining stock and the cavolo nero and cook gently, stirring occasionally until rice is tender and most of the stock is absorbed. Season to taste and stir in the parsley.
- Serve with a little grated Parmegiano Reggiano.