Kale with Ginger, Garlic and Chilli
PREP: 5 Minutes
COOK: 7 Minutes
Skill Level: Easy
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
140 kcal Energy
3g (of which Sugar)
2.5g (of which Saturated Fat)
- 200g kale
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 4 spring onions, trimmed
- 2 tbsp ground nut oil
- Half a red chilli, deseeded and very finely sliced
- Large clove garlic, peeled and very finely sliced
- Squeeze of fresh lime (optional)
- Place the kale into a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil then simmer for 4 minutes.
- Finely chop the ginger and cut the spring onions into lengths - about 3cm - slicing on the diagonal.
- Drain the kale really well and heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok.
- Add the chilli, garlic, ginger and spring onions and cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes - you must not let the garlic go darker than golden in colour.
- Add the drained kale into the pan and combine it with the remaining ingredients (apart from the lime).
- Cook for about 1 1/2 minutes, constantly tossing the kale to heat it through.
- This will also allow it to take on the flavours of the other ingredients.
- Season to taste, add a squeeze of fresh lime and serve immediately.