Vegan Cavolo Nero Sausage Rolls by Nadia's Healthy Kitchen
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 onion, chopped
100g cavolo nero, central ribs removed and chopped finely
2 tbsp lemon juice, from an unwaxed lemon
2 tbsp tomato puree
5 tbsp water
1 ½ tsp paprika
½ tsp chilli powder
5 vegan sausages, cooked according to pack instructions
Salt & pepper
375g ready rolled Vegan puff pastry
1. Preheat your oven to 200C/180C fan.
2. Heat the olive oil in a pan and cook the onions for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, cavolo nero, lemon juice, water, tomato puree and spices and cook for a few minutes until the cavolo nero is wilted.
3. Break up the sausages into the pan and season with salt & pepper. Mash everything up using a potato masher until everything is well combined and heated through.
4. Allow to cool before moving onto the next step.
5. Roll out the puff pastry sheet and cut into 2 even rectangles. Spoon the filling along one long edge of pastry strip. Brush the other long edge with dairy-free milk or egg wash. Roll up to enclose filling and form rolls. Cut each roll diagonally into 4 pieces. Place on a greased baking tray and brush the top with more dairy-free milk/egg wash. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
6. Leave to cool a little and enjoy!